Union Orthotics and Prosthetics Co. has been serving Southwestern Pennsylvania for over 100 years. In 1901 Adam Forster and Louis Hossfeld started a partnership as leg makers as Forster & Hossfeld at 113 Smithfield Street in downtown Pittsburgh. This union of the two led to our name.
The current ownership began in August 1988 when Jon Leimkuehler CPO purchased the company from Leonard Svetz CP. Union Orthotics & Prosthetics Co. is an expanding family business and upon Jon’s retirement in 2014 is now operated by his three children, Ann Moss, President, Peter Leimkuehler, CPO, Vice President and Laura Mullin, CPO.